We last updated this page on the 3rd June 2018
- JD Heating And Plumbing Services LTD, your personal data
This is our privacy notice for JD Heating And Plumbing Services LTD. It explains your statutory rights and how we collect and use your personal data. It describes the processing activities that are carried out by JD Heating And Plumbing Services LTD, the purposes for which these activities are performed and the legal bases that JD Heating And Plumbing Services LTD relies upon to justify these processing activities. We may vary this notice from time to time and the most up to date version will be available on our website.
You can contact our data protection officer at email@example.com
You can let us know at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing messages by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal data we collect
We collect the following types of personal data:
- Your contact details: information that allows us to contact you directly such as your name, email address, telephone number and addresses associated with your account or order.
- Job details: information about the service that you need such as the job identification number, household details, property type, marketing preferences, complaint details, guarantee claims history, appointment details..
- Records of your discussions with our customer support teams: when you share comments and opinions with us, ask us questions or make a complaint we will keep a record of this. This includes when you send us emails, phone our support team or contact us through social media such as through Twitter or on Facebook.
- Advertising and direct marketing: information about how you respond, or interact with, any direct marketing or advertising communications directed to you.
- Exercising your rights: if you exercise any of your statutory rights under data protection law, we will keep a record of this and how we respond.
You are not required to provide to us any of the personal data described above, however, if you do not do so, you may not be able to purchase our services or the functionality of our products may be reduced.
- What we use your personal data for and why
Where we process your personal data because of our contract
We process these items of your personal data to enter or fulfil the contract between us, including to:
|Reason or purpose:||Personal data used:|
|Provide our services to you||• Contact details
• Job details
Where we process your personal data because we have a legitimate interest to
We process these items of your personal data because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
We process the following categories of personal data, including:
|Reason or purpose||Personal data used|
|Determine products and services that maybe of interest to you||Contact Details
|Staff training||All the personal information we collect|
|Develop new products and services||All the personal information we collect|
|Investigating misuse of the service, fraud and debt collection||All the personal information we collect|
|For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims||All the personal information we collect|
|Maintain accuracy and relevance of your data||All the personal data listed in Section 2
Where we process your personal data because you have allowed us to
We process these items of your personal data because you have provided your consent to the processing. You may revoke your consent at any point, however this may affect our ability to provide our products and services to you:
|Reason or purpose||Personal data used|
|Direct marketing||Contact Details
Products and services that we have determined may be of interest to you
Where we process your personal data so you can’t be identified any more
We may anonymise and aggregate any of the personal data we hold (so that it does not identify you). We may use anonymised and aggregated information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site, apps and developing new products and services.
- Sources we collect your personal data from
We will collect personal data from a number of sources. These include:
- Directly from you: when you get an estimate or book a job with us, you provide us with information about you, and the job you want doing. If you submit information via our websites or apps, complete forms we provide to you, enter our competitions and promotions, make a claim, make a complaint, exercise your statutory rights, contact us by phone, email or communicate with us.
- Our website and apps: we collect information about how you use them.
- Other companies we work with: provide us with information to help us deliver our products and services to you. These include:
- Companies in the same group of companies as us: who may provide relevant information about the products and services bought from them.
- Our network of local tradespeople: information they share with us to help complete repairs
- The government and regulators: provide us with information about the complaints they receive.
- Who we share your personal data with
We share personal data with the following parties you:
|Our network of local tradespeople||If you need an electrical job doing, we will share your information with electricians|
|Companies in the same group of companies as us||TBC|
|Advertising partners||Facebook, Twitter, Google, Bing|
|Companies that support our IT infrastructure||To send you emails; and
To monitor errors on our platform
|Other service providers and advisors||Gas Safe, HMRC, Company Accountant, Appliance Manufacturers|
|Police and law enforcement||Police, Ofgem, The Information Commissioner|
- Direct Marketing
Email, SMS, Post & By Phone: from time to time, we may contact you by email, SMS, Post & by phone with information about products and services we believe you may be interested in.
We will only send marketing messages to you if you tell us you are happy to receive them.
You can unsubscribe from our marketing at any time by sending an email to us at email@example.com
- Advertising on other websites and apps
We don’t sell or give your information to other companies to advertise on their websites.
- How long we keep personal data for
We will keep your personal data for six years from the date of your last job.
- Your rights in relation to your personal data
You may have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- the right to be informed about the personal data we collect, how your personal data is being used, and from whom we collect your personal data when we obtain it from other sources;
- the right to access the personal data we hold about you;
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data we hold about you;
- the right to request the blocking or deletion of your personal data in some circumstances;
- the right to request that we port elements of your data either to you or another service provider;
- the right to object to us processing your personal data (where we do so on the basis of legitimate interests, or because we are using automated means to make decisions that significantly affect you); and
- the right to withdraw your consent.
You will only have the benefits of some of the above rights in limited circumstances, which depend on the legal reason why we collected your personal data.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by using the details below.
- Getting in touch
If you have any privacy-related complaints, please contact JD Heating & Plumbing Services LTD data protection officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal data you can also complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or your local data protection regulator. We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.